Welcome to the first of the FREE 5-week primer Bootcamp, designed to get you in the right mindset and give you the clarity you need so you can get off the fence and on your way to making that BIG bold career move you've been dreaming of.
You’re never going to move forward unless you have the clarity, confidence and courage to make it happen.
If you’ve been dreaming of a new career and wishing someone could help you get there THIS 5-week primer Bootcamp is for you!
Each week’s mini-lesson is PACKED WITH VALUE and everything you need to keep moving forward, week after week.
By the end of the 5-weeks, you’ll have the right mindset, motivation and momentum to make your bold career move happen or go deeper with us in our 6 week online course - How to Confidently Make Your BOLD Career Move.
Below is a script from the first video mini training series run by Grace and Solonia, Co-Founders of The Change School. In this week we talk all about PURPOSE. If you'd like to watch the video please head to our Facebook Page as it will only be up for a limited time.
So...WHY are we running this Bootcamp?
1. The concept of JOB for life is dead; but your CAREER is for life...
Through these free mini trainings, we hope to help you make the MINDSET shift. From working a JOB to survive to Carving a CAREER to thrive.
From Settling to Stretching yourself in order to achieve your full potential
From a Self-limiting beliefs to Self-fulfilling action
2. Career change is a journey
These mini trainings will provide the foundation and an introduction to the 5 pillars we believe are essential for making your bold career move a great success. They are PURPOSE, STORY, POSSIBILITIES, PLANNING and ACTION.
3. Career transition is a process
As with each process you need to understand the exact steps. We’ll guide you through 5 STEPS & STRATEGIES to move through it plus tips & tools
4. Change happens in stages
Wherever you are now - you’re exactly where you need to be. Understand and know that each small step is necessary and to acknowledge that you are moving even if it may not seem like you are moving fast enough.
By the end of this 5-Week Bootcamp, you will have…
- CLARITY of what it will take to make your bold career move happen
- BLUEPRINT for moving through our 5-Step System
- LIVE SUPPORT from us to help you move forward
- CONFIDENCE to start your bold career move and work with us to get further
No matter what stage you’re at in your current transition, this FREE Bootcamp is designed to help you figure out your immediate steps to take your career to the next level.
This Bootcamp is also a PRIMER COURSE for our 6-wk immersive course - How To Confidently Create Your Bold Career Move.
These Bootcamp mini-trainings take you through the 5 key pillars that we will take you through in the full course, so by the end of 5 weeks, you’ll have the foundational knowledge to start your bold career move OR get ahead of your game before full course begins (for early-interest registrants).
Inside the Full Course, you’ll get much much more…
- Deep-dive into 5 Steps, 360 assessment, worksheets, personalised guidance from peers & us (group coaching, 1:1s) and LIVE Q&As
If you’re feeling clueless about your options, next steps, or even what your big bold move might be, don’t worry. That’s why we’re here and offering you this FREE Bootcamp.
The ONLY thing you must do is commit to the journey ahead.
Show up here LIVE every week for the next 4 weeks on our Facebook Page
(if for any reason you can’t, we’ll have the replays up for a limited time only!).
Join our LIVE Q&As directly after the trainings to ask us anything - (head over to our Career Shifters group at bit.ly/careershiftersgroup)
Set aside a min 1 HR/WEEK to review and reflect on the weekly trainings
Today’s mini-training’s all about PURPOSE - the 1st essential pillar of your foundation. The key question is: WHY WORK? What inspires you to wake up and show up everyday?
Purpose means something different to everyone, it’s important to know yours
Often overlooked, but SO important
Our 3 V Framework will help you uncover Your Why and your Work Purpose…
VOCATION (what you do) - Understand your Work Philosophy (your attitude / beliefs about what work should be) by examining your current / most recent work situation
- How does your work create value - ASK: What problem are you helping to solve? Who for? Why is it important?
- What tasks / type of work you enjoy in your current/most recent role - ASK: What makes it enjoyable for you?
- Think about your work-related relationships (clients, boss, co workers) - ASK: What do you value / appreciate most about those interactions? Why?
- Think about your personal work ethic - ASK: What attitude, beliefs, habits/practices enable you to succeed?
VALUES (what you believe) - Recalling past/recent work situations (past/present) can help you uncover your Professional Values (what’s most important to you)
- Think of a situation when you felt proud or accomplished at work - ASK: What happened? What worked? What contributed to that feeling?
- Think of a situation when you felt upset or frustrated about work - ASK: What happened? What went wrong? How did it make you feel?
- Think about how work impacts your energy levels - ASK: What makes you feel excited/motivated? What makes you feel zapped/drained
- Choose 3 words to describe how you work should be experienced. For Example: Fun, Collaborative, Challenging, Empowering, etc
VISION (what you aspire to) - Looking into the future helps you re-connect with the bigger mission/vision of your professional life and WHY you’re investing time and effort into your career
- Think about where you are headed -
What would your career look like in 1 year… 2 years … 5 years … or 10? Whether that vision inspires you or not (ie if you’re imagining what would happen if you stayed in your current situation), it will clue you in to where you want to be.
- Think about who you want to be -
How would you describe your future-self as a professional?
Write/Make up a job title; Describe your key responsibilities/activities; Give yourself a salary (if you know/want); How does your work help people?
- Think about what your life/work style would look like -
How much time do you want to devote to your work? Describe your work setting / environment. How much time do you spend on other key areas of your life (and what are they?) What does “balance” mean to you?
Carve some quiet time this week to reflect on these questions and write down your thoughts - honestly. We seldom take time to address these key questions, and as a result, we lose sight of the Big Picture or Ourselves and end up in the jobs / careers that are unfulfilling.
Remember this is a process. Nothing is ever “fixed” - because things will always change and evolve - it’s important to begin your journey with a clear understanding and solid foundation based on where you are now, why you’re here, and where you are headed.
If you’re feeling unhappy or unfulfilled in your current job/role, and want to dive deeper into defining or clarifying and actualising your Career PURPOSE register early interest to join our 6-week course at bit.ly/boldcareer
As Grace mentioned, this Bootcamp is an introductory mini-training and PRIMER for all the topics covered inside our 6-week course...
Week 1: Looking back = reflecting on your career to identify ‘high’ and ‘low’ points - what’s worked / not worked, what ignites you and what depletes you.
Week 2: Looking ahead = based on your journey so far, how do you define your values, aspirations and future vision?
Week 3: Overcoming barriers, Exploring possibilities based on your Personal criteria
Week 4: Career Assets, Your New Narrative, Personal Brand, CV Revamp
Week 5: Action Plan > Career Pilot
PLUS: 360 assessment, Coaching (group and 1:1) and much much more in bonus trainings and worksheets
Clarify your purpose through SELF-AWARENESS = the critical difference between working a JOB and building your CAREER
Join us next week for YOUR STORY
ALSO: We’ve got a 5-Day Challenge starting on 25th JAN to help you Clearly Vision Your Bold Career Move. Register today at bit.ly/bcmchallenge
We’ll be jumping into our closed Facebook group right after this to take any questions you have for us - can be about today’s session, if you need more clarification or help on the questions, general questions relating to your work/current situation or any other burning questions.
In case you can’t join us there, here’s what you can do right away...
SHARE inside our Career Shifters Group:
- Any insights/conclusions or keywords that describe your Why / Purpose
- Any questions or difficulties you have as you work through the Q’s
- Any other tips/tools for Finding Purpose that you’ve found helpful, for others!
Thanks again for joining us today and see you soon!