Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth ~ Marcus Aurelieus
What We Did
Today was mostly occupied by a photography workshop and excursion into one of the temples of Bali. The day started off with as per usual with our Daily Check In before heading into a review of their desires and their experiences. The students separated in small groups to share their past homework Mapping Desires and what they had learnt or uncovered during the activity. Right before lunch our third guest and speaker of the week Lydia Isnanto began her workshop and talk on Mobile Photography. During this session she shared the ease of mobile photography, how to tell a story through photography and how anyone and everyone can do it, whilst also emphasising the importance of using Instagram for brand building both on a personal and organisational level. The students were set homework for the following day and were asked to present on their learnings and what they observed during their excursion. Lydia was a great addition to the programme with her positivity and happiness livening up the group a little at the end of an intense week.
What We Observed
- Thinking of desires and experiences we want is not an easy process and we need to go beyond the first layer of thoughts.
- The photography workshop and excursion couldn't have come at a better time, today marking the end of the first week 'Break Down' really made the students get out of the building (as Lean Startup would say) and experience something new!
- The students were paired up by Solonia and Grace with individuals they had rarely spent time with the past week so as to explore new connections and really build bonds with every one in the group, this curated pairing really helped the students to bond with those that they least expected to have a connection with. Everyone enjoyed themselves.
- Taking photos and creating a story from our everyday photos is an art that is simple and should be done more often.
- Students really enjoyed this workshop and a day exploring what the island has to offer.
- Storytelling through photography can be great for releasing emotions.
- Laughter makes everyone better.
- The simplest form of technology is all we need to share our perspective, send it out to the world and connect with others.
- Looking inwards is more challenging than we expect yet we all are constant works in progress and need to look at things in a solution orientated way.
- Choice is abundance and we really must be grateful and realise all the opportunities we have at our fingertips.