What We Did
It’s the final week at Change Ventures - time to Take Action! This week is all about implementing the tools, habits, plans, ideas and perspectives cultivated over the last two weeks. We’ve ensured a light agenda over the remaining days, for students to refine and present their action plans, roadmaps, one page strategy and business models. We also asked them to lead the Daily Check-Ins this week.
The students spent the day working at Bali’s co working spaces, Hubud and Salty Volt.
Per the students' request, we asked Tom Huges to come back and lead an interactive session on social media management. Many of the students spent the rest of the day exploring the various social media channels and tools best suited to their business/personal brand and objectives.
We had our last Inspirational Talk by Tara Hirebet from Contagious Communications today, to cover urban innovation trends and insights, integrated marketing strategies and customer engagement. Later in the day, we set off for Uluwatu for sunset drinks at Single Fin and a long-awaited seafood dinner by the water.
Only two days left til we bid our amazing Change Venturers farewell and good luck on their onward journeys! After today’s student presentations, we paired each of the students up for a round of rotating peer feedback sessions. Each student was asked to give their honest and constructive feedback by answering/completing the following statements:
“When I first met you….(what was your impression?)”
“Now that I’ve gotten to know you better…(how has this changed?)”
“Remember to focus on… (what should they keep working on?)”
What We Observed
- The students really enjoyed working out of the co working spaces they visited and participated in the various startup and creative entrepreneur events that were happening. It was great to hear the connections, conversations and opportunities that excited them.
- Tara’s talk gave us a refreshing perspective and approach to brand marketing by drawing analogous parallels from the way we develop personal/romantic relationships and how we can engage loyal customers in a meaningful and authentic way.
- The peer-to-peer feedback sessions proved to be an important activity for the students, sealing the bond and friendships made over 21 days together. We observed heartfelt tears, belly laughs and big bear hugs all around.
- As with all things, knowing your WHY is the critical first step to utilising social media as a tool for engaging communities and customers. Knowing where your customers are, what they’re interested in, and the triggers that influence their behaviour will determine the effectiveness of your social media activities.
- Gone are the days of hard selling and traditional advertising. Today’s customers remain loyal to brands that speak to their values, beliefs and cause. From our experience with establishing and developing lasting personal relationships, we understand the importance of first impressions, trust, and sincerity. These factors are equally important for engaging and sustaining loyal customers.
- Giving honest and constructive feedback is not always easy but it is a valuable exercise for understanding how our behaviour, personality and perceptions of others influence our interactions and relationships.
Here's our collection of Daily Quotes shared by the students at Daily Check-In...
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ~ Maria Robinson
I have no special talents, I’m only passionately curious. ~ Albert Einstein
May all beings be happy, may all being be free from their suffering. May all beings be happy. ~ SN Goinka
It is only with heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. ~ Antoine De Saint Exupery
Courage is an affair with the unknown. ~ Osho
Often things are that we wish to see in others is a reflection of what we want to see in us. ~ Unknown
Even if you fall flat on your face, it is still a forward movement. ~ Unknown
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language it goes to his heart. ~ Nelson Mandela
Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might. ~ Unknown
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. ~ Goethe
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will ~ Unkown
Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on ~ Eckhart Tolle
Ask and it will be given to you; search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you ~ Jesus
The best dreams happen when you’re awake ~ Cherie Gilderboom
Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see ~ Mark Twain
Being remarkable isn’t an endowment. It’s a sweat, tears and constantly showing up ~ minimalistbaker.com
In the creative world, leaders should be excited about the potential of new ideas but they should also be deeply concerned with how to manage their ideas as projects ~ Randall Stutman
Clavin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet you have to be in the right mood Hobbes: What mood is that?
Calvin: Last minute panic
Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs ~ Tony Gaskins Jr
Losing your way on a journey is unfortunate but losing your reason for the journey is a fate more cruel ~ H.G. Wells
The best things in life are not things ~ Some Wise Dude